CSLB Exam Prep Classes
- In-School Law & Trade
- Law & Business Online
- Home Study Law & Trade
- Crash Course
- Test Taking Skills
- Construction Math Review
Seminars & Continuing Ed
- Blueprint Reading Seminar
- California Electrical Cert.
- EPA - RRP Certification
- Mold Remediation
- Home Inspection Course
- ICC Certification
- Online Practice Exam for CA State License Exam
- Online Companion Guides for CA State License Exam
- TRY NOW! Online Practice Exam Demo
- Online Home Inspection Courses
Clases de Español
Contractor Business Services
- Meet our Instructors
- Online Store
California Contractor Licensing
ISLT - In-School Law and Trade
CSLS In-School License Exam Preparation
Our in-school Law and Trade is a comprehensive exam preparation program guaranteed to help you pass the California State Contractors License Exam the first time around. This complete program includes live instruction, home study material, in-school study material and computer practice questions, application processing plus a crash course with live instruction. The program provides a supportive environment to keep you on target so you can get your license quickly and painlessly. The ISLT program is our most popular program with license exam applicants throughout California and you can be confident that this program will provide the best quality in instruction and materials that are available. The In-School Law and Trade Program is offered in English and Spanish*, and features:
Live In-School Instruction
Our classes offer live instruction taught by qualified and experienced instructors. The classroom setting allows for individual attention and the opportunity for classroom discussion and immediate response to questions our students may have. Program content is relevant to day-in, day-out Contractor practice and the California Contractors State License Examination such as Contractors Business Law:
- Law governing all contractors and enforced by the CA Contractors State License Board
- Employee Relations and Labor Law pertaining to employees including Employment Development Department Laws
- Safety & CAL/OSHA law
- Mechanic’s Liens, Stop Notices & Preliminary Notices – How to fill out, file and collect construction funds
- Workers Compensation – How the system works and who needs it
- Basic Accounting for running your own business covering management, taxes, and financial statements
- Essential Business Management topics such as business planning, State and Federal mandates, payroll taxes and business taxes (FICA, IRS, Unemployment tax, Sales tax, and Use Tax)
CSLS Signature Business Law & Trade “Crash Course”
Our signature business, law and trade crash course method is recognized statewide and offers additional live instruction plus open study hours. The timing and content of the crash course prepares you to successfully take your state exam by refreshing your memory and sharpening your recall just prior to your scheduled exam. The crash course features self-study exam practice questions similar to recent state administered questions on law, business, and trade. During the crash course, a “pre-test” and “post-test” is given to help assess your strengths and weaknesses and provide guidance in needed areas of study to better prepare you to pass the state exam.
Practice testing prepares you for the exam process and allows you to track your understanding of the material and process of examination. We offer tests at the end of each class session, computer testing, study practice tests and additional testing at the crash course. By passing these tests, we guarantee you will pass the California Contractors State License Examination the First Time or pay nothing for tuition.
Home Study Materials (Text & CDs)
Your first step along the successful Mizener Method is our exclusive home-study material. CSLS home-study materials are clearly and concisely organized into sections on law, business, and trade. Working at your own pace, our practice exams, reading material, diagrams, schematics, blueprints and audio CD’s emphasize learning that you can begin to apply on the job from day one!
Hands-On Assistance for Application Processing
Trained and experienced professionals guide you through California’s application process, assist you in completing an accurate, professional looking application and facilitate its submission to Sacramento. Getting it right the first time helps you secure a quick test date without costly red tape, delays and hassles resulting from incorrect paperwork.
Advanced In-School Self Study
To sustain your momentum following completion of our courses, you will have access to additional in-school study materials covering law & trade as well as computer practice tests to keep you focused and feeling confident about your upcoming contractor’s exam.
- Live instruction with experienced, professional contractors and instructors
- Trained and expert professionals assist to you
- Quick, convenient, easy progression through the program
- Our signature business & trade crash course
- Practice computer testing
- Convenient Locations Throughout California
*Spanish classes are offered in select locations only.
Call Now to Enroll: 800 303-4691
Over 25 Locations Statewide to Serve You
Request More Information