Helping to build futures, today CSLS awarded student Karl Menjivar a New iPad. CSLS iPad contest ran throughout the month of October resulting in one very lucky winner. “I am so excited”, said Karl. “I didn’t expect to win.” Karl is pursuing his C-10 Electrical Contractors License. We wish Karl the best and congratulate him on his win!
Looking for how you too can leverage an iPad for your Construction business? Take a look at the top 5 ways an Apple iPad can help your Construction business save time, earn more clients, and simply make your professional life easier.
Top 5 Ways an Ipad can Help Your Contractor Business
1. In the field sketching / note-taking: Sketching out plans, dimensions and equations on the fly is an integral part of the construction process. For this, the iPad opens up a whole new world of possibilities for accuracy, convenience and organization. This tablet can make sketching a plan out as easy as touching the screen and drawing with your finger. Need a calculator? Flip on over to the calculator application. Need to jot a few notes? Flip on over to the notepad application. Then, when you are done – just click save, and move on with your day. There will most likely be tons of applications that you can download that might make the process even easier.
2. Contract reference: The iPad allows you to store and view your most important documents where you can reference contracts, accounts payable, receivables, as well as popular books. Need a on the job reference guide check out the ibooks option.
3. Portable credentials: How many times have you been bidding on a job and been asked to show some credentials? The iPad could easily turn into your on-the-road filing cabinet. Keep important documents like your certificate of liability, Contractors bond, Contractors license(s), worker’s comp – basically anything that you might need when out in the field or bidding on a project, all in one spot.
4. Mobile Professional Portfolio: Nowadays, people want proof of how good you are. They want to see photos, videos, maybe even testimonials of past customers. What better way to showcase yourself than with your iPad? Show customers slideshows of your work, your website, videos … get creative! Apple is renowned for it’s products’ abilities to create cool looking presentations, so take advantage of it and get some more jobs!
5. Digital blueprints: Many contractors have gotten into the habit of bringing their laptops on the job to reference digital blueprints and plans. Well laptops, the iPad has just one-upped you. Already with Apple’s smaller touch interfaces, you can zoom in to minute details, rotate images, even edit on the spot – all with your fingers. And it’s fast! We can only imagine the cool new ways that a larger screen will allow you to interact with and share your plans on the job site. Paper is indeed a thing of the past.
View more on our website at http://www.contractorslicensingschools.com/contractor-industry-news.cfm(List adapted from Center Networks, by Johnnie Munger)