Contractors License Exam Preparation:
C-20 Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating & Air-Contractor
The C-20 Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating & Air-Conditioning Contractors license, also known as HVAC is one of the most called upon classifications due to high demand for these services in the California climate. Both residential and commercial clients rely heavily on the HVA contractor. In orde rto operate a business as a C-20 licensed contractor you must qualify and pass the CSLB state exam for the Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning classification. At Contractors State License Services we can assist you in passing the HVAC exam. We offer a variety of courses to meet a variety of educational needs; including live in-school instruction, on-line study programs, and crash courses. Contractors State License Services has over 25 locations located throughout California and over 20 years experience in helping contractors pass the Law and Trade portions of the CSLB exam.
Preparation for the exam will include study material in the areas of:
- HVAC System Evaluation & Design
- Duct System & Design
- Duct System Fabrication
- Electrical, Plumbing & Refrigeration Components
- Air Distribution and Duct Systems
- System Installation & Start Up
- Service, Maintenance, & Repair
- System Checks
- Personal Protective equipment
- Documentation of hazardous materials
As an HVA Contactor you can provide a variety of maintenance, installation & repair services for Air Conditioning, Heating Systems, Air Quality Systems, and Refrigeration systems.
- Servicing & Repair of AC & Heating Systems
- New Installations & Routine Maintenance of AC & Heating Systems
- Installation and Replacement of Thermostats
- Air Filtration Installation
- Air Filtration Services
- Duct repair and sealing
- Air Quality Checks
- Installation of Air Purification Systems
- Commercial Refrigeration Sales
- Installation & Maintenance of Refrigeration systems
- Heat Pump Installations
The CSLB defines an electrical C-20 Warm Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-contractor as follows:
A warm-air heating, ventilating and air-conditioning contractor fabricates, installs, maintains, services and repairs warm-air heating systems and water heating heat pumps, complete with warm-air appliances; ventilating systems complete with blowers and plenum chambers; air-conditioning systems complete with air-conditioning unit; and the ducts, registers, flues, humidity and thermostatic controls and air filters in connection with any of these systems. This classification shall include warm-air heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems which utilize solar energy.
The California Contractors State License Board requires a minimum of four years journeyman level experience to apply for a California Contractors license.